For whatever reason, it might be the time that you switch over to your new Apple ID and stop using the old Apple ID. So, you want to move over to your new Apple ID but precisely don’t know the procedure or how the process works.
Before you move over to the new Apple ID then you should know that not all data will travel to the new Apple ID. Your purchases, iCloud Photos, files, and other data on iCloud Storage will not travel to your new Apple ID.
There is a difference between switching an Apple ID and changing it. Switching Apple ID involves jumping from one Apple ID to other without deleting the previous one while the latter involves the elimination of the current Apple ID and then making of a new one.
Your important data like Contacts, Keychain, Reminders, Stock, Installed Apps, Photos and Video(not iCloud Photos) will remain on your device and you can choose whether to merge the data with your new iCloud account.
Other things including Apple Music subscription and iCloud Storage Plan will not be available on your new iCloud/Apple ID and as for the purchased Apps go, they will remain on your device but you won’t be able to update them.
How to Switch between iCloud Accounts on iPhone or iPad?
- Launch the Settings app on your iOS device.
- Tap on your Apple ID/iCloud Account banner.
- Scroll down and tap Sign Out.
- Enter your Apple ID password to turn off Find My iPhone.
- On the next screen, you will have the option to keep a copy of data that you want such as Contacts, Keychain, Notes, and more. Toggle the switch on next to each item that you want to save.
- Then tap Sign Out at the upper right-hand corner of the screen and then a confirmation popup will appear, tap Sign Out again to complete the process.
You can then log in using your new Apple ID email and password to switch over to your new account.