Calendar subscriptions, are very popular nowadays and then come in quite handy when trying to stay up to date with everything. From national holidays to matches of your favorite sports teams, you can stay up to date with everything.
For sports fans, these are lifesavers as they tell them about every match their team has and they can stay up to date.
To add a calendar to your iPhone or iPad, you will simply need the (.ics) file web address that you will have to put in.
How to subscribe to Calendars on iOS devices?(iOS 11)
- Open the Settings app on your iOS device.
- Scroll down and look for Accounts & Passwords, tap on it.
- Look for Add Account option under the Accounts section and tap on it.
- Then tap on Other.
- Under the Calendars section, tap on Add Subscribed Calendar.
- Either type in the link of the calendar that you want to add or paste it in the text field by tapping and holding and then selecting Paste.
- Then tap on Next.
- To easily recognize the new calendar, give it a name by using the Description field.
- *If required, you may be asked to enter server’s username and password(in most cases it does not ask for it).
- Tap Save.
Now the newly added calendar will sync with the Calendar app and you will easily be able to new events in the app.
To sync a calendar across all of the devices, you will need to subscribe to the Calendar via your macOS device.
How to sync Calendars across devices?
- Open the Calendar app.
- Select File > New Calendar Subscription.
- Enter the URL of the Calendar that you want to subscribe to.
- After that, select iCloud from the Location menu.
Now the newly added Calendar will sync across all of your devices which are running the same iCloud account.