iCloud is getting better day by day and now its features are quite useful. You can now easily share files that you have stored on iCloud Drive with anyone who has an Apple ID.
Whether it is Mac or an iPhone, file sharing is available through any of the Apple devices. Once you share it with people, you can choose that whether they can only access the file or modify it. It solely depends on how you allow your files to be used.
Another great thing about this is that when you share a file with someone then it will sync across all of your devices. For Example, if you share a file using an iPad or iPhone then it will sync across and you will be able to change the file permission through Mac or iCloud.com.
How to share files stored on iCloud Drive?
The following steps are for iOS devices which are running iOS 11 or later.
- Launch the Files app on your iOS device.
- Tap on iCloud Drive.
- Locate the file in the iCloud Drive that you want to share.
- Tap on Select at the upper right corner.
- Select the file that you want to share.
- Tap on the Share icon at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- In the second row, you will see an option “Add People”, tap on it.
- Choose the method by which you would like to send your invitation to access that file.
- To change the sharing options, tap on Share Options and select the sharing option that you want to select for that file.
- After you send the invitation link through an app, it will be sent to other person and anyone with an Apple ID will be able to access that link.
The other person will be able to access the file depending on which sharing option you choose. You can either allow them to modify the file or just access it.