Apple announced iOS 12 at WWDC 2018 and iOS 12 is just on the verge of releasing in a new couple of weeks. Apple added some new features in the iOS 12 and one of the features that are very useful is that you can now share your pictures or videos in Photo Library via an iCloud.com link.
This new link sharing feature will be introduced in iOS 12 and is already available on iOS 12 beta versions. With this, you can easily share your photos or videos with your friends via an iCloud.com link that lasts for 30 days.
Not only does this save time as sharing a link is quicker as compared to sending photo or video but this also saves your data plan too because instead of uploading the photos or videos, you will simply have to provide the iCloud link and anybody with that link will be able to see that photo or video.
But before you can use this feature, you will have to make sure that iCloud Photos is enabled. To enable iCloud Photos, go to Settings -> (Your Name) -> iCloud -> Photos and turn the toggle next to iCloud Photos to on.
How to share an iCloud Photo link in iOS 12?
To share your photos or videos via an iCloud.com link, follow these steps:
- Launch the Photos app on your iOS device.
- Tap on the photo that you want to share. If you want to share more than one photo then tap on Select in the upper right corner and select the photos/videos that you want to share.
- After selecting your photo(s), tap on the Share button at the bottom left corner.
- You will notice a new option, Copy Link, tap on it.
- Wait while the link is prepared.
- The link will be copied automatically.
- Now you can open any app and send the iCloud link to anyone by tapping and holding in the text field and then tapping paste.
When you send the iCloud link to someone then users with an iOS device will see a thumbnail of the photo(s) while others will receive a URL which will take them to iCloud.com webpage from where they will see the information about the shared photo(s) and an option to download them.