Being an Apple user, you receive the advantage of iCloud which is a free service which allows you to not only back up your files, photos, videos, and other files & stuff but it also protects your device against potential thieves in-case you lose your device.
As long as you have iCloud’s Find my iPhone turned on, no one will be able to use your device without your permission in-case you lose it or it gets stolen. You can read our guide about Find my iPhone here.
Sometimes, when you need to sell your device or pass it to someone else then you need to remove your iCloud account and also turn off the Find My iPhone services so, the other person can use it.
Removing your iCloud account is very easy and takes about a minute or so. To remove your iCloud account and turn off Find my iPhone from your device, follow the guides below.
How to remove iCloud account from your iPhone?
(Method #1 )
- Go to Settings > (Your Name) > iCloud.
- Scroll down and Tap on Find my iPhone.
- Tap on the Slider next to Find My iPhone to turn it off.
- You will be asked to enter your Apple ID password for confirmation, enter it.
- Find my iPhone will now be turned off for your device.
(Method #2 )
- Go to Settings > (Your Name).
- Tap on Sign Out at the bottom of the screen to remove your iCloud account.
- You will be asked to enter your Apple ID password to turn off Find My iPhone.
- Enter your password and Find my iPhone will be turned off.
- Your iCloud account will now be removed from your iPhone
(via Browser )
- Log in on iCloud.com using your Apple ID through any browser.
- Once you are logged, click on Find iPhone.
- For confirmation, you will be asked to re-enter your Apple ID password, enter it.
- Select your device from the All devices menu.
- To remove your device, click on Remove from account.
- A confirmation popup will appear, tap on Remove to turn off Find my iPhone for your device.
By following any of the aforementioned methods, you can easily remove your iCloud account from your device and pass it to someone else.