If you have multiple Apple devices and you have been migrating and maintaining same Contacts across your different devices then you may have come across duplicate contact cards.
One of the reason may be that you have the same contacts on two different devices or they can also appear out of nowhere after you set up iCloud Contacts for the first time.
Unless you want to keep these duplicate contact cards on your device for any reason, these duplicate cards are nothing but a constant annoyance and irritation. So, today we show you how you can remove such duplicate contact cards.
There are two methods of doing that; you can either merge the duplicate contact cards through your Mac or you can delete duplicate contact cards through iCloud.com
How to remove duplicate contacts in iCloud?
How to Merge and Remove Duplicate Contacts on your Mac:
- Launch the Contacts App on your Mac device.
- In the left pane, make sure that “All Contact” is selected. If the Group view is hidden then you can show it from View > Show Groups.
- From the top menu bar, go to Card > Look for Duplicates.
- After it analyses all the duplicates, a dialog box will appear telling you about how many duplicate cards were found that have the same name or same name and information. Click on Merge to merge the duplicate cards.
How to Remove Duplicate iCloud Contacts on PC and Mac(iCloud.com):
If you don’t have a Mac device then you can manually remove all the duplicate contact cards from iCloud.com. As on iPhone and iPhone, there is no way to select multiple contacts so, it is the best method to manually delete the duplicates but keep in mind that it applies to iCloud synced contacts only.
- Navigate to iCloud.com on any web browser.
- Sign in into your iCloud account using your email and password.
- Click on Contacts.
- Click on All Contacts in the upper left corner.
- Hold down Command / Control key and click on all the duplicate cards that you want to delete.
- Click on the Cog icon at the bottom left corner of the screen and Click on Delete from the popup menu.
- A dialog popup will appear. Confirm that you want to remove the selected contacts by clicking on Delete option.