Find My iPhone is an anti-theft locking system which is developed by Apple for its devices to prevent any type of mishap if something wrong occurs. It is both a blessing and a curse.
If your device gets stolen with Find My iPhone enabled then it will be nearly impossible for anyone to access your device but in case you forget your passcode and want to reset your iPhone using iTunes then you will need to disable Find My iPhone from Settings.
That’s the problem! When you don’t have access to your iPhone then how will you be able to disable it? Well, there is a simple solution to that. You can remotely disable Find My iPhone feature from iCloud.com.
This will solve all of your problems and you will be able to restore your device using iTunes as Find My iPhone will be disabled.
How to remotely disable Find My iPhone using iCloud:
To remotely disable Find My iPhone from iCloud.com, follow these steps.
Before proceeding, make sure that your device is turned OFF or not connected to the Internet.
- On your Mac or Windows PC, visit iCloud.com.
- Sign in your Apple ID and password.
- Once logged in, click on “Find iPhone.”
- At the top of the page click on “All Devices” and select the device for which you wish the feature to be disabled.
- You will have two options; either Remove iPhone from your account or Erase it. To remove your iPhone, Click on “X” icon beside your device.
- A confirmation pop-up will appear. Click on Remove to remove your iPhone from your iCloud Account.
- If you want to erase the content from your iPhone, Click on Erase iPhone.
That’s it! Now your Find My iPhone will be disabled for your iPhone. Apart from this method, you also have the option to do it from any Mac or iOS device.
Download and Install Find My iPhone app on any other iOS device and log in with your Apple ID and Erase or Remove that device. The method is the same as aforementioned.