Did you open the Notes app and find out that all of the notes have been disappeared from your iOS device after a system update? It happens quite a lot to people but it is not known why it happens.
Users don’t delete the notes but they still get misplaced or sometimes get deleted. For some users, there may be something very important in a note and they want to get their notes back.
Regardless of how you lost your notes, there is still a chance that you can get them back. There are a couple of ways by which you can try to recover the deleted or misplaced notes.
Find Disappeared iPhone Notes via Email Settings
The first method to recover the notes is from the email settings. Sometimes, users unknowingly sync their notes off with their email accounts and when the sync is turned off then the notes disappear.
In order to recover the notes;
- Go to Settings > Accounts & Passwords.
- Tap on every email account and make sure that Notes toggle is turned on for each. Especially check your iCloud account.
- If you recently removed an email account, then add it back again then toggle the Notes on for that email account.
- Go back to the Notes app and see whether the notes have been recovered or not.
Recover Disappeared Notes from iCloud/iTunes Backup
Another thing that you can do is recover from a backup. If you have deleted your notes but still want them back then you can recover those notes back again by restoring from a backup that has the deleted notes.
It could be an iTunes backup or an iCloud backup, both work.
The only problem is that all the current data which is not included in the backup will be overwritten and lost forever.
Recover Notes from “Recently Deleted” in iCloud.com
Another thing that you can try is;
- Log in into your iCloud account on iCloud.com.
- Click on Notes.
- Click on “Recently Deleted” and search for the notes that you were looking for. Notes are in this folder for 30 days before getting deleted permanently.
- Select the note(s) that you want to recover and then click on “Recover” to recover the deleted note(s).