Another feature of iCloud is that your contacts are available across all of your devices thanks to Contact Syncing by which you can sync your contacts across all of your devices so, you won’t need to add the same contact on each device.
However, if you accidentally delete a contact from any one of your devices then you can lose that contact from all of your devices as it is actually synced across all of them.
If you are in a situation that where you have deleted an important contact and want to recover and restore it then you have come to the right place.
You should remember that only those contacts can be recovered which have been deleted in the past 30 days so, anything before is not gonna be recovered by this method.
The contacts are recoverable in the form of archives which includes all of the contacts from a specific time.
How to recover deleted contacts from iCloud:
On your PC/Mac or iPhone/iPad;
- Open and Browser and visit iCloud.com.
- Sign in using your Email and Password.
- After you are signed in, click on Settings.
- After the page loads up, scroll down and find “Recover Contacts” at the bottom left corner of the page.
- Click on Recover Contacts.
- A popup will appear and it will start searching for the recently deleted contacts.
- If there are no recently deleted contacts then it will say “No Contacts to Restore“.
- However, if there are some recently deleted contacts then they will be shown here.
- To restore a contact archive, click on the Restore next to the contact archive that you want to restore.
Now, the selected contact archive will be restored and it will replace all the contacts in your devices. However, your current contacts will be stored in the form of an archive by which you restore them too.
If in near future, any contact gets deleted by you accidentally then you can always recover and restore it using this method.