Google has officially announced that it will end the support for its smart messaging app, Allo in March 2019. Allo allows users to send and receive messages over the internet.
Google had huge expectations from this messaging app but this app turned out to be a failure and didn’t meet the expectations that Google had from it.
Google has announced that it will soon discontinue its support for the app and users have the time until March 2019 to back up their chats.
One thing about this app is that when you log out of your Allo account then all the conversation that you had on the phone get deleted. Thankfully, Google has made it possible for users to back up their conversation to iCloud Drive or download it on their iPhone/iPad.
How to make a backup of Google Allo chats on iCloud Drive?
On your iPhone/iPad;
- Go to Settings > Your Name(Apple ID Banner).
- Tap on iCloud > iCloud Backup.
- Turn on iCloud Backup(If you already don’t have).
- Once iCloud Backup is on, open Allo.
- Go to Menu > Settings > Backup.
- Choose how you want your info saved and options, like including media.
- To start the backup process right away, tap on Back Up Now.
Now, a backup of your chats will be made on iCloud Drive and use can access it later on any other device too as long as Google Allo’s service is not discontinued.
You should know that after Google Allo gets discontinued, your backups will be deleted so, it’s better to download the chats and media on your iPhone and then move it to iCloud.
Download your chats or media
Another thing that you can do is download the message and media on your iPhone. To do that;
- Open Allo app on your iPhone/iPad.
- Go to Menu > Settings.
- Select Export messages from chats to exports text messages only.
- Select Export Stored media from chats to export photos, videos, and other files.
- You can store them where you want to.
- Messages will be in a .CSV file.
- Media Attachments will be in a .ZIP file.
You can store these files on iCloud Drive so that you don’t lose access to them.