Siri, the virtual assistant offered by Apple learns through trial and experience method. It leans how you use it on your device and then offers you suggestions accordingly.
If you have allowed Siri access to iCloud then you will get the same experience across all of your synced devices. Let’s say that you are using the same iCloud account on an iOS and macOS device. Siri will use learning on both of the devices to provide the same personalized suggestions on both the devices.
Due to some privacy concerns, you might want to remove Siri’s data from iCloud so, you will be provided with different personalized suggestions based on each device. Your learning from iPhone won’t be carried over to Mac or Apple TV.
How to disable and delete Siri’s data in iCloud:
To disable Siri access to iCloud and delete it’s data, follow these steps:
- Launch the Settings app on your iOS device.
- Go to Apple ID Banner(Your Name) > iCloud > Manage Storage.
- Scroll down and look for Siri and tap on it.
- Tap on Disable & Delete to turn off Siri’s access to iCloud and delete its data.
- Confirm that you want to disable Siri and delete its data.
Now, you have successfully wiped out all of Siri’s data from iCloud. Although Siri won’t be turned off, learning will be limited to your device only and you will get personalized suggestions on your iOS device only.
If you ever feel like turning on the personal assistant again to start storing learning in ICloud, then you can enable it anytime you want to.
How to enable Siri’s learning in iCloud:
To enable Siri’s learning,
- Go to Go to Settings > Apple ID Banner(Your Name) > iCloud.
- Scroll down and look for Siri.
- Toggle the switch on next to Siri.