One of the main functionality that you don’t get with iOS is that you don’t have the option to delete multiple contacts at once. Each contact has to be deleted individually which takes a lot of time.
Each year we add up many new contacts in our Contacts list and deleting each one of them can be very tiring or deleting multiple contacts. This is a very essential feature that iOS has been missing all along and Apple hasn’t included it in iOS yet.
It is present in all of the Android devices where you can easily select and delete multiple contacts from your phone, unlike iOS.
However, there is a backdoor which allows you to delete multiple iPhone contacts at once and it is through your iCloud account. All you need is your iPhone’s contact synced with the iCloud account and you will easily be able to delete multiple contacts at once.
How to sync Contacts with iCloud:
- Launch the Settings App on your iPhone.
- Go to Apple ID Banner(Your Name) > iCloud > Contacts.
- Turn on the slider next to it(if you haven’t already).
How to delete multiple iPhone Contacts from iCloud at once:
Once you have synced contacts with iCloud, follow these steps below to delete multiple iPhone contacts at once.
- Open any browser and head to www.icloud.com
- Log in into your iCloud account using your email and password.
- Once logged in, click on Contacts.
- Once in Contacts, you will see all of your contacts synced up there. Press and Hold down Command/Control and click on each contact that you want to delete. (This will allow you to select multiple contacts at once)
- Once selected, you either press the Delete button or click on Gear icon located at the bottom left of the screen.
- Click on Delete.
All of the contacts that you selected will now be deleted from your iPhone and you won’t have to spend time deleting each contact individually.